Complex Process Management Using Process Libraries and Electronic Handbooks
(Where Shakespeare Meets Freud)
(Subprocesses and Their Documentations)
- The Bottom Line: We believe that to truly understand one's universe, one must see it thru multiple "eyes" and also have tools to "communicate" these views. To do this, we propose editable and cost-saving process documentation "plays" for process developers and participants to help them quickly and effectively learn, integrate, test, teach, and work together. These "plays" may be added to new or existing systems. See Quick Summary.
For each subprocess, an “Integration View” is the integration or combination of other subprocess views. An "Integration View" facilitates inter- and intra-organization communication.
- Outline of Presentation.
- Objective: Develop Internet-based tools to support the paperless documentation and management of complex distributed processes.
- Organizations provide different views of the subprocesses, some of which may be proprietary.
- Organizations execute Organizations execute the eight “Play Development” stages.
- People in organizations provide different views of the subprocesses.
- Organizations generate Subprocess Life-Cycle Views.
- The "Game of Telephone" Syndrome: where people pass-on only parts of the "message".
- Overview of how editable and cost-saving process documentation tools can solve problems.
- Solution: Process Libraries maintain organization's views of the subprocesses.
basic approach is to wrap organization's subprocesses in a common
envelope containing "communication vehicles" that facilitate inter- and intra-organization
- Subprocess View Tools contain the envelope of related files:
- Integration Tools facilitate subprocess integration.
- Demonstration Tools introduce the concepts to a community in their terms.
- Requirements Capture Tools (RCTs) facilitate subprocess development.
- Improvement Tools facilitate subprocess improvement.
- Documents in Process Libraries have three levels of access.
- For each subprocess, an "Integration View" is the integration or combination of other subprocess views. An "Integration View" facilitates inter- and intra-organization
- Process Libraries (PLs) and Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) are where Shakespeare meets Freud.
- The approach uses a modernization of the Socratic Method or Dialogue.
- Some Applications
- Subprocess Life-Cycle Views that are supported.
- Basic People Principles that are supported.
- Subprocess/Play Developments that are supported.
- Process Library Operations that are supported.
believe that to truly understand one's universe, one must see it thru
multiple "eyes" and also have tools to "communicate" these views.
- All the world's a stage...
- Some Effects of Separation
- Theatre of Dionysus- Athens, Greece
- For More Details